The absence of sexual dimorphism in certain bird species, especially exotic ones, or their manifestation in an adult stage makes identification difficult of sex and it is necessary to resort to a scientific technique, based on the amplification and analysis of a DNA fragment of the chd gene by PCR. Reliable, safe and fast results are obtained.
Our laboratory performs tests by extracting DNA from feather, blood or eggshell samples. For sample taking, see our Technical Data Sheet.
How to make your bird?
- See list of optimized species by our laboratory, to identify the species of bird that wants to sex.
- Make your purchase in the online store
- Register the data of each bird online: Species, Ring number (or name), Sample type (blood on paper, feather or eggshell).
- Download and print the customized form and attach the samples.
- Send the samples to our address
Remember, we do not send sexing kits.